DIY K1 Kaldnes Media Sump

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
954
Reaction score
230
Location
Spring Hill, NPR
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

It seem K1 media fluidized bed sump it's become a subject. And more I read about it, I'm convince to in a DIY K1 media sump. Just wondering who here has one on there setup, or building. Please share your project, ideas and pictures if you have any.
 
Hi All

It seem K1 media fluidized bed sump it's become a subject. And more I read about it, I'm convince to in a DIY K1 media sump. Just wondering who here has one on there setup, or building. Please share your project, ideas and pictures if you have any.

I have never seen anyone use K1 or any fluidized media in a salt water tank/sump. In my opinion, buying any filter to house bacteria that breaks down ammonia into nitrite/nitrate is a waste of money. Unless the tank is new, I've never heard of anyone having high ammonia they can't get a handle on. It's always nitrate and phosphate that people struggle to keep in check.

I'm sure if you put K1 in a sump it wouldn't hurt anything, but I think there are cheaper more effective filtration methods.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new