DIY LED's

smmagui1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been searching thru several of the different categories in the forums and I have'nt seen what i was looking for. I'm looking for a good website to just buy the led lights. I'm going do be doing a homemade heatsink and mount. I've found the controllers I want I just can't seem to find the lights. If I missed it in forums I am sorry for posting this I will keep hunting, but if anyone knows a good site for the led's please feel free to let me know. I really apprecate the help since I am still fairly new to reef keeping and saltwater tanks in general.

Thank you

Shawn

On388

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy the LEDs at rapidled.com. Very good quality and excellent customer service.

OP
OP
S

smmagui1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will give them a look. Is this the right area as well to get an idea as to wether or not I'm getting enough light and correct colors and wattage? If not I will ask in the LED forum.

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Steve's LEDs and love them. I have had no problems at all and the customer service is great as well. He uses Luxeon LEDs and builds his own drivers. And yes they are cheaper $$$ than most others with the same quality (with research) same PAR values as the CREEs.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'm going to buy when I upgrade.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps, Acans and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back