DIY Lid for Fluval Flex 32.5

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using an adjustable window screen for my aquarium, procrastinating getting a real lid. Well, it finally died, and I need a new one. The tank is 32.5 inches x 14 inches. It has a sort of rounded back filter (I'll put a picture below). I was originally going to buy the Red Sea custom lid kit, but I didn't know if it would work with the back sump. If any of you are going to say to go lidless, I'm not going to. I have 2 clowns and a firefish at the moment, which are both jumpers. Any suggestions? I'm also willing to do a glass/acrylic lid if necessary. Thank you!
tempImagegRTgOO.jpg

tempImageV4YQMM.jpg

tempImagegPs6A5.jpg

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS screen kit and it does the trick. I used the extra elbows to allow for the back compartment to stay open for skimmer, ato, etc. Because of the weird design, I'm not able to get the screen 100% tight in the corners, but that's strictly cosmetic.

IMG_20230203_193226065.jpg

Btw, nice scape!

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you might want a full lid shot too. I did add a little painters tape to the sides in the front because there is a slight gap due to the wavemaker wires, but honestly the tape stopped sticking after a while so I haven't bothered with it since. For the back sides, I made the screen a little long and it bridges the gaps fine.

IMG_20230203_193822176.jpg

IMG_20230203_194046328.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS screen kit and it does the trick. I used the extra elbows to allow for the back compartment to stay open for skimmer, ato, etc. Because of the weird design, I'm not able to get the screen 100% tight in the corners, but that's strictly cosmetic.

IMG_20230203_193226065.jpg

Btw, nice scape!
Thanks! Which one is it specifically on BRS? If you can't remember, that's fine :) btw, I like your scape too!!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had the same dilemma as you, didn't have a lid for almost a year and my longfin clownfish jumped. They are hard to come by, so I was crushed. I broke down and just bought a Kraken lid after fiddling around with a diy.

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Which one is it specifically on BRS? If you can't remember, that's fine :) btw, I like your scape too!!
I bought it at the lfs and it wasn't in any sort of packaging however, I believe it to be the rimless in 1/4". Mine also came with 8 corners vs the 4 shown which enabled me to make the back area the way I did. I'm not sure if they come like this normally or if it was an error on the lfs.

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you might want a full lid shot too. I did add a little painters tape to the sides in the front because there is a slight gap due to the wavemaker wires, but honestly the tape stopped sticking after a while so I haven't bothered with it since. For the back sides, I made the screen a little long and it bridges the gaps fine.

IMG_20230203_193822176.jpg

IMG_20230203_194046328.jpg
I need exactly this. I have black egg crate over mine and I think it’s cutting into the par. And another question what skimmer are you using? And what are you running in your the two over flow areas?

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need exactly this. I have black egg crate over mine and I think it’s cutting into the par. And another question what skimmer are you using? And what are you running in your the two over flow areas?
Sorry for the late reply. I've been working on buying/selling my house and just about to move so I'm not on here much as of late.
JBK SK45 skimmer. It came with the tank. I don't run it often, but it seems to do alright.
I just have a heater, ato, skimmer, carbon, and more rock in the back compartment.

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply. I've been working on buying/selling my house and just about to move so I'm not on here much as of late.
JBK SK45 skimmer. It came with the tank. I don't run it often, but it seems to do alright.
I just have a heater, ato, skimmer, carbon, and more rock in the back compartment.
I never thought to put rock in the back compartment it is a tight space, so I use matrix. Is the skimmer hood? I use a tunze.

Back