Diy magnetic rock wall

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw on BRF that they are selling rock that you can attach to the wall of a tank. Only issue is they are stupidly expensive for what they are. I want to make one myself using epoxy and superglue. I just want to know if you all know a safe magnet to use in a tank. Also if you have any other tips it would be appreciated.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some DIY videos on YouTube where they used Tunze magnets to create "floating" rocks. This was in Europe, so I've no idea of the costs involved.

Reef Eco just released their new Coral Wall, and it's worth checking out. This is most likely what I'm going with when I eventually get around to planning my "wall".

OP
OP
Wasteoftime247

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some DIY videos on YouTube where they used Tunze magnets to create "floating" rocks. This was in Europe, so I've no idea of the costs involved.

Reef Eco just released their new Coral Wall, and it's worth checking out. This is most likely what I'm going with when I eventually get around to planning my "wall".

This is cool but I know I can get the same kind of look for way cheaper. I already have rock that I can use and a band saw to cut a flat piece. I just want to make sure the magnet I use is reef safe.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is cool but I know I can get the same kind of look for way cheaper. I already have rock that I can use and a band saw to cut a flat piece. I just want to make sure the magnet I use is reef safe.
That I couldn't speculate.

OP
OP
Wasteoftime247

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Wasteoftime247

Wasteoftime247

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a few threads here about diy rock frag racks. The heavy-duty magnets to hold them up are not cheap.
Yeah the magnets I found are about 14 bucks a piece and I figure I need about 4 of them so it comes out to about 60 bucks after shipping. I have the rock already so its still going to be half of what the price I found on BRS. They want 77 bucks for just one. I can do two pieces of rock for 60 and I get to tinker so it's a win win!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back