DIY Magnetic Stirrer Help

Bryant1991

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
29
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been designing a magnetic stirrer so i can sell on my Etsy store. Trying to make it as affordable as possible for reefers. Around 15-20 bucks. But I'm having issues with the electronics. I'm using a hobby 130 motor with an electronic controller. The issue I'm having is that the knob is only usable for the first 50-60 degrees,if not the bar spins uncontrollably, but the motor doesn't start turning until the knob is turned to about 120 degrees. 3v. I'd use brushless but cost is too high. I'll post more info when get home.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new