DIY Mason Jar Aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter tcreeftank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tcreeftank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2012
Messages
116
Reaction score
20
Location
Saint Louis, MO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would share this one with everybody. Recently the girlfriend needed to make a mason jar project for an online crafting challenge. After looking for a few days and seeing enough mason jar pencil holders and planters to make me sick we decided to make a reef tank out of one. Luckily we had most of the materials on hand and always have plenty of saltwater made up so I can change the water often. Let me know what you think. Here is the link to her write-up.

DIY Mason Jar Aquarium
 
beaslbob: thanks

Reeferbob: just a starfish, I wish it was a blue-ring!

Reeferaddict: There are no winners but we definitely got a lot of praise for this project. Most of the people made the typical planters and pencil holders haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new