DIY nopox- how long?

Musicrocx09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a while back I went through the threads an screen shot the diy nopox recipe. How long do you have dose before seeing any result whatsoever? I have been dosing for a few weeks now maybe even two months and nada….. before that I was trying to dose just vodka and that was still a bust hence the search for nopox. My nitrates are extreme (and when I say extreme, I mean it, not when people say theirs are at 10 ) like around 80ppm
Now I have having my second Dino outbreak that I am dosing silicates for again so this is fun

anywho, back to question- how long of nopox dosing for results?

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know the answer to your question but it sounds like too many nutrients are going in and not enough coming out. I’d look at your food and mechanical filtration. Stocking and tank size as well water change schedule will also play a part.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started vodka dosing as mine were too off the charts, about 50ppm. I have total water volume of approx 220ltr (55gal). I did 0.2ml for the days 1-3 then 0.04ml for day 4-7 and now 1ml daily. After day 3 I saw a slight reduction in NO3. now on day 9 my NO3 are 10ppm. I am have halved the dose now to 0.5ml for the next 4 days then 2ml for the next 4 days. The reason for this is that I have a sulphur reactor kicking in so my theory is to slowly reduce the bacteria over a week or more to try an stop an algae bloom in a mass die of when the carbon source stops. I went off this for the dosing quantities. Hope my theory works

Attachments

• Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    493.9 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
Musicrocx09

Musicrocx09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started vodka dosing as mine were too off the charts, about 50ppm. I have total water volume of approx 220ltr (55gal). I did 0.2ml for the days 1-3 then 0.04ml for day 4-7 and now 1ml daily. After day 3 I saw a slight reduction in NO3. now on day 9 my NO3 are 10ppm. I am have halved the dose now to 0.5ml for the next 4 days then 2ml for the next 4 days. The reason for this is that I have a sulphur reactor kicking in so my theory is to slowly reduce the bacteria over a week or more to try an stop an algae bloom in a mass die of when the carbon source stops. I went off this for the dosing quantities. Hope my theory works
That’s awesome that it worked for you!….. I was using that chart before I switched to diy nopox

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back