• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

DIY overflow box. FIJI CUBE SENT WRONG PART

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
modular marine
I love my Modular Marine. I would use them again if I needed an external overflow. Their box is also slightly higher then the internal box which is a plus

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get bulkheads that fit the holes and make a diy overflow no problem.

Fish of Hex makes some overflows that are 3 printed. He can do custom items if you need.
I think we had that discussion in another thread, I am more than OK with 3d printed stuff, but a overflow... I ain't there yet, lol.

OP
OP
P

patdman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the order in modular Marine when it arrives, I will start a new build thread. Thanks, guys

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I feel your pain. I bought a couple Aquamaxx dfc-120 skimmers when I first set up my grow out system. The initial plan was to set up 2 separate systems but ultimately I only set up one. Fast forward 2 years and I'm in the process of setting up that second system. I finally open the box to put the skimmer together and guess what? The collection cup is too small. I'm assuming it is the one for the dfc-80.

So I contacted BRS to see if there was anything I could do. I bought this thing 2 years ago, I wasn't expecting much. If anything, simply some assistance with trying to source the correct collection cup (at my expense, of course.. and rightfully so). They basically just blew me off. So now I have a perfectly good skimmer that I'll never be able to use as it was designed to be used.

I guess my complaint is the tone of the response I received. As previously stated, I wasn't expecting much (and definitely not any sort of refund or an exchange) but I got the impression that they couldn't have cared less.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back