DIY push to feed timer

Boxfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any way to create a feed button for my other AC pumps like what my Jaebo pp6 has, without a controller. Push and pumps shut off for 10 then automatically turns back on. I have only found count down shut off timers. Any help is appreciated.

Mark Bianco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How comfortable are you with working with 120vac and what is the total amperage draw of the pumps you want to control? There are a lot of timer relays that have both NO and NC contacts. A brief description on how this circuit would work is you would wire your incoming 120vac (the hot leg) to the NC contacts of a monetary push button switch then wire the timer incoming power then wire the pump/s to a set of NC contacts. When you push the button power drops to the timer and then release the button the timer energizes starts the timer opens the relay for the pumps then after your set time closes the contacts and the pump returns to normal the normal on state.

Before I would feel comfortable recommending anything I need to know the incoming voltage 120 vac for the states or 240 vac other countries and the total amperage draw of the pumps you want to control.

With that being said if you have Alexa they have an all in one setup that you just tell her turn off then tell her to turn it back on.

HTH
Mark

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back