DIY Scoly holders

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2018
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
1,197
Location
NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up lifting my Scolys off of the sand bed by making some DIY holders with pvc pipe and fittings. For the larger ones I used 1 1/2 pvc on a square base that I cut on a 22 degree angle to show the scoly. The smaller ones I used a pvc cap for 1 1/4 pipe and glued the scoly base to the top of the cap. So far they appear to be doing a good job and are very stable and will not fall over when encountered by my pin cushion urchin. I k own with time the white pvc will be covered in coralline algae.



IMG_4811.jpeg

IMG_4810.jpeg
 
That is a good idea! I might have to do that if I ever get some scolys for my tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new