DIY screen top and cords/probe holder

FishDude25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at putting together my BRS screen top for my 20 gallon long AIO tank. I have two design options: I could have the screen top go around the probe holder at the back right corner, or I could just make the screen top be 1.5 inches short front-to-back so it wouldn't need extra corners.

Thoughts? Is 1.5 inches too big of a gap? Could fish jump through a gap that size?

Here is a diagram I made:

Thanks!! :)
tapatalk_1544386336543.jpeg

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id go with a few extra corners. you are less likely to lose fish and it looks a lot better for only a couple bucks extra. for my lid i did it the cheap way and made it fit corner to corner and cut holes lined with black duck tape for cables and hose.

OP
OP
FishDude25

FishDude25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id go with a few extra corners. you are less likely to lose fish and it looks a lot better for only a couple bucks extra. for my lid i did it the cheap way and made it fit corner to corner and cut holes lined with black duck tape for cables and hose.
Ok, I think I'll go with the extra corners. Thanks!!

I just ordered some on Amazon. :)

Hopefully the fish don't try to jump for a couple days until I have the screen top ready. Just got fish earlier today.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or, you could do this...

I had over the edge returns and closed loop outlets. I secured sections of black eggcrate to the edges where the returns went through the top. Then I sprayed the frame black and added screen.

ScreenTop1.jpg

screenTop4.jpg

ScreenTop2.jpg

Even eggcrate openings are too large for some fish. I attached gutter guard to the underside of the eggcrate sections.

screenTop3.jpg

RICKY81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that was actually a great idea, using the gutter netting with eggcrate... stealing your idea

Back