DIY Skimmer Neck Cleaner - Reefvan

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefVan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I did similar to my last skimmer and my current skimmer and know of a few others who do the same. Just using one squeegee blade though, epoxy it to the lid of the skimmer so simply turning the lid spins the squeegee.

Deltec have also sold a manual cleaning head for some of their skimmers for a long time now.

I love the way you have done it though with the 2 blades and allowing the tension to be adjusted!
 
Nice Mod!

Any updates over the years?

I agree i'm just seeing this Awesome Easy Mod because you commented on it. this can be easily automated with a stepper motor connected to my apex and program to run how ever often you want.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new