GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about one of those mini hobs? Like I posted above

That one for 69$ is a good buy it comes with needle impeller and suction cups to a corner

So it's more like an in tank skimmer not in sump or hob

I have a hob skimmer but don't want to use it as it messes up my tank too much

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a kid. I make about 0 a day. I make my money off flipping items and trying my luck in stocks

Get the old snow shovel out and beat feet to the concrete it's what I did as a kid growing up in the 90s shoveled snow in winter raked leaves in fall mowed grass and trimmed hedges and weeded in the spring and summer for my older neighbors, family and mom and dads friends it's almost 30 years later I bet they pay even more now I used to make 10 to 20$ a driveway and 25 a yard if u wanted front and back I'd give them a deal at 40$
That was in 1999

Last edited:

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet at a young age to make money off your hobbies like selling coral on cl and fb market place, maybe finding a good deal on some fish and flipping them online with your allowance or Birthday money

If u like music or musical instruments invest in instruments like guitars basses, keyboards effects processors at pawnstores and then turn around and sell them online

If you have a grandma mom aunt dad uncle or grandpa that's into plant propigating house plants and flowers is a renewable way of generating revenue from practically nothing

U can use food scraps like the cabbage core tomato seeds strawberry seeds avocado and mango pits cherry seeds lettuce core garlic onions celery re root them in water then sell online for a couple dollars

If u like trading cards invest in baseball mtg, yugioh or pokemon cards and sell them online or locally

This is how I made money as a preteen/teenager until i was old enough to become a farmhand for my moms friend then when i turned 15.5 i got a work permit and started working at dq 16 hours a week on weekend that was in 2005

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would cost you 88.50 with the exchange rate if hes in the us

Save your loons

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you make per hour and how much time do you think it will take you to cobble some trash together into a properly functioning

Your best bet at a young age to make money off your hobbies like selling coral on cl and fb market place, maybe finding a good deal on some fish and flipping them online with your allowance or Birthday money

If u like music or musical instruments invest in instruments like guitars basses, keyboards effects processors at pawnstores and then turn around and sell them online

If you have a grandma mom aunt dad uncle or grandpa that's into plant propigating house plants and flowers is a renewable way of generating revenue from practically nothing

U can use food scraps like the cabbage core tomato seeds strawberry seeds avocado and mango pits cherry seeds lettuce core garlic onions celery re root them in water then sell online for a couple dollars

If u like trading cards invest in baseball mtg, yugioh or pokemon cards and sell them online or locally

This is how I made money as a preteen/teenager until i was old enough to become a farmhand for my moms friend then when i turned 15.5 i got a work permit and started working at dq 16 hours a week on weekend that was in 2005
I don't get either ones of those. I do however make enough off coins that I can buy things like this. Its faster. The ice cap is 20m drive from me

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the old snow shovel out and beat feet to the concrete it's what I did as a kid growing up in the 90s shoveled snow in winter raked leaves in fall mowed grass and trimmed hedges and weeded in the spring and summer for my older neighbors, family and mom and dads friends it's almost 30 years later I bet they pay even more now I used to make 10 to 20$ a driveway and 25 a yard if u wanted front and back I'd give them a deal at 40$
And where I live its always warm or rainy. I'm also not able to shovel. I tried before and they didn't pay me

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used that K1 and it was terrible. I just saw Tunze is giving one of their nano skimmers away in another thread. Maybe you can win it. I think you're wasting money on that K1 though.

I tried icecap gyre 4k on my 120 and was never more disappointed in my life jebao are better wavemakers for the price I coulda had 2 slw 30 that put out 3400gph max each so 6800gph for 160$ with sine wave controller or some overpriced gimmicky device with plastic impeller that only makes gyre function no linear flow no random no irregular no riptide feature

But I think if u were only farming rbta in like a 40g breeder or 50 2 of these would make good mover bc they are enclose and the nems couldnt get hurt and it would make curricular flow

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GHOSTLY buy it and decide if you like it for yourself, it's not like you'll get stuck with it u can pawn it off on someone else or use it for another build if it's not up to par

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried icecap gyre 4k on my 120 and was never more disappointed in my life jebao are better wavemakers for the price I coulda had 2 slw 30 that put out 3400gph max each so 6800gph for 160$ with sine wave controller or some overpriced gimmicky device with plastic impeller that only makes gyre function no linear flow no random no irregular no riptide feature

But I think if u were only farming rbta in like a 40g breeder or 50 2 of these would make good mover bc they are enclose and the nems couldnt get hurt
I have one of those sitting in a box too. I swapped it for 2 AI Nero 5s. So much better but also like quadruple the price.

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right I was just about to say ais nero 5s are where it's at I think they could easily rival ecotech powerheads for the price

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even the new line of hydras are crispy I think ecotech gonna have some competition in 2022 between what neptunes doing with the new sky line and new at that all can interface with apex

Or would you rather have that 800$ xr30 g5 pro with the reeflink interface and a stupid app that locks you out half the time, or the vectra l2 that burn out if one snail or a little bit of sediment gets sucked down the overflow insane how a 2$ animal can ruin a 200$ return pump

Bryant1991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk what everyone here is talking about. I used a DIY air stone protein skimmer made from a bottle in a 20g nano, worked great. You don't need something so expensive on a nano. Water changes are really all you need TBH. People love to push expensive gear. You don't need all that.

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not me that's what's wrong with the hobby nowadays all this bandwaggoning and brandw40r3ing

And ppl charging 200 to 300$ for a .5 in nub of stick with glue burn, inflation mang...

Burns I rember buying 3 inch frags for 30$ from the lfs before indo shutdown in 2008 crazy how things change

And I'm still using t5s and blackbox and doing 10 to 35% wc daily, and feeding mysis and spirulina 2x a day

14 years later...

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the king of diy a long time ago made a diy skimmer with a pvc and water bottles. My question is if anyone knows how much this could skims and if it would be sufficient for a 35g
The first one I made in 79 was a pvc pipe, an air stone and pump and a piece of triangle piece of glass. The bubbles popped and deposited on the triangle shaped glass then dripped off the point of the glass into a juice glass. It worked. Power skimmers weren't around yet. Lol

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back