DIY SPS coral growth experimentation

I do have air pumps outside. Maybe that a solution. Skimm it or not ?

Definitely skim. You can also build a CO2 scrubber if you are having issues with pH. However, if you can, I would combine systems so that you know growth differences aren't due to differences in the water. However, you might need to figure a way to electrically isolate them from each other...

CJ
 
Definitely skim. You can also build a CO2 scrubber if you are having issues with pH. However, if you can, I would combine systems so that you know growth differences aren't due to differences in the water. However, you might need to figure a way to electrically isolate them from each other...

CJ
Agreed I am looking for the simplest and smallest skimmer design without a pump, utilizing air stones, the old fashion way.
 
if all of the tanks are conected and you are pumping water back into them that should be enough flow?
No they will not be connected water wise, it will be a long tank with deviders, no water mixing between chambers so I can dose diffrent levels of chemicals and voltage.
 
After reading some the curiosity has set in and I need to experiment with coral growth. I am thinking of doing this in small scale with small tanks. DC electricity and Iron will be one method. The second method will be increase of MG ALK CA PH Light and avoiding precipitation, reaching the maximum growth level. Please feel free to introduce new ideas.
Here is where I am starting.
Before I setup anything I need to clarify the methods.


http://people.uncw.edu/szmanta/2006...2004 long term growth w mineral accretion.pdf

Increased Zooxanthellae Numbers

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-chemistry-forum/90022-reef-aquarium-fact-168-calcium-isnt.html

http://globalcoral.org/Electric Current Saves Corals in Indonesia.htm

http://www.biorock.net/Technologies/
Hi! Did you ever end up running this experiment? I did my masters on the in-situ reefs in Thailand and have been trying to find if anyone has successfully done this at a tank level!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new