DIY Tank LID -- what screen

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Amstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
827
Reaction score
483
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have made my own lids from window screen before -- I have noticed that the screen I am using (got it at Lowes) block alittle more light than I like -

for those who have built their own what screen have you used? looking to revamp my lids
 
I always used the screen door kits you could get at Home Depot!
 
Im making another lid for my 180 the same way I did for my 75. Window screen corners and frame. The link above is what I use. The BRS 1/4" screen is great. A little memory but rolls in with the spline fine. Im using the neat aquatics rimless corners this time and making a 2 piece lid with feeding portals.
 
I always used the screen door kits you could get at Home Depot!
same (but from Lowes) But noticed they block a bit more light that I want so looking for a different screen - looks like bulk reef is the way
 
Im making another lid for my 180 the same way I did for my 75. Window screen corners and frame. The link above is what I use. The BRS 1/4" screen is great. A little memory but rolls in with the spline fine. Im using the neat aquatics rimless corners this time and making a 2 piece lid with feeding portals.
I think that is what I am going to go with -- just concerned that the 1/4" might be a bit big potentially for some of my smaller fish (gobies, small 6 line wrasse etc in my larger tank) - good for my nano-- so may do a mix of 1/4" for my big tank and then the 1/8" for my small nano tank
 
I'm going 1/8" using the rimless kit from BRS for my new 40 gallon just because fish in there will be on the smaller size. Forgot about feeding portal, might need to figure that out before making this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new