DIY tank stand top for Nuvo Fusion 20 saga in the middle

Rp.McMurphy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8681.JPG IMG_8683.JPG IMG_8684.JPG This is my first reef tank- just got water in it yesterday after months of reading and research.

The top of my stand has 3 inches on either side of the long of my tank, because of this the middle of the stand sagged in the middle. With a straight edge laid on each corner the gap at its largest is enough to insert a credit card partially with resistance.

The Nuvo tanks come with the rubber mat already attached and that is what is in contact with the stand (at no point is the mat compressed to the point that the glass is touching). The mat is in contact with the stand over the entire bottom of the tank and all four corners are supported equally.

The stand is an IKEA cabinet shell (Brimnes) with 2x4 reinforcement under the top and then also transferring weight vertically to the floor. There is no central bracing as I had read that wouldn't be needed for a tank this short lengthwise.

Is this gap within the amount that allows for the mat to do its job and disperse the weight to make up for variances in the surface of the stand?

If not what would be the best way to reinforce the stand further?

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rp.McMurphy

Rp.McMurphy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disregard. I'm just going to rebuild it with the most recommended diy stand design.

Back