DIY Venturi Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter aquadise
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Are these lifereef skimmers similar to the MRC MR-2? I picked up a knockoff one from a local reefer, and I’m wondering if there is some helpful information I might get from the manual if they are alike? Seems like they both look very close to the same
 
Are these lifereef skimmers similar to the MRC MR-2? I picked up a knockoff one from a local reefer, and I’m wondering if there is some helpful information I might get from the manual if they are alike? Seems like they both look very close to the samsam
It is different technique.
 
Are these lifereef skimmers similar to the MRC MR-2? I picked up a knockoff one from a local reefer, and I’m wondering if there is some helpful information I might get from the manual if they are alike? Seems like they both look very close to the same
Life Reef skimmers are Single Pump Driven Skimmer. The feed pump also powers the Venturi Fractionation. So they do not Recirculate the Reaction Chamber.

The principal of Operation is similar between MRC and MTC, they are both pump driven recirculation skimmers (Meaning they have 2 pumps, one to feed, one to power the Air Fractionation) The MTC skimmer I have was a pretty easy rebuild. I rebuilt the MTC Power Pro Model #PP3MDQ skimmer, details are in my Build Thread. I added a second Mazzei Venturi to mine when I replumbed it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new