Dkh issue. Effecting my lps dominated tank

Johnnyrainbowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using kalkwasser in my ato and I think I added too much over the last 2 months. I tested my Alk last night and it read 12 dkh. I don’t want to lower it to fast so I dumped half of my kalkwasser water out of my ato and I added half fresh ro to my ato. Is this a okay method?? Thank you

OP
OP
Johnnyrainbowreefer

Johnnyrainbowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your consumption, but that may lower it unless your tank is consuming very little.
Very little consumption , I have 9 Scolys 7 torches and 2 acanthophylia plus assorted Zoas and acans.

Attachments

• 9994FBB8-CFDB-4637-8DF8-B8792E372136.jpeg
    9994FBB8-CFDB-4637-8DF8-B8792E372136.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 24

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What test kit? And is it a trend or just one reading... Regardless, I would double check the numbers first. If they are real, then if it were me, I would change out the kalk for RODI and let it coast down slowly. The natural consumption and no dosing will bring it down over several days. Given your corals (similar to what I have stocked), your uptake is not aggressive, so you will likely drop 0.5 or so a day. I would try to keep your slow coast down to about 0.5 dKH a day and not much more. The torches may bail if you do so... The other corals will likely be able to tolerate the change much more than the torches.
Go slow is the most important part!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back