Do Acros and Stylos sting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
1,475
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Stylo frag thats taken off, and it’s getting very close to an Acro that’s growing but much more slowly.

If they touch will either sting the other, or do these just try to grow over each other?
 
So, how do I bonsai this thing?

They're on the same rock, but it can be easily removed.

IMG_2126.jpeg
 
Honestly, I'd frag off the Acro and get it far from that stylo. That stylo will win every day of the week... Best to remove any possible issue. Or run carbon and let them go at it, and see what the outcome is.
It’s not really big enough to frag - I assume the other option is to cut/break that corner of rock off the larger piece (doing so outside the tank) and find a new home for the stylo.

How long can these corals be out of the water for? Do I need to do the work while the coral is submerged?

Second question: I have a forest fire digi in the same area - is that compatible with the stylo or move it also? (This one is easy to move as it’s on its own rock)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new