OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should be fine... throw him in a a plastic bin with a powerhead and a heater give him back to the LFS. Like zoa what mentioned gracefully, make an educated decision before purchases. It saves you the pain your having tonight...
I know and I tried to make an educated decision. I didn’t just impulse buy him. Also can do that either.

Nigel35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF you want.... the fish just throw him in and black out the tank. If your tank is large enough to sustain those fish then what are you worried about?

Think about it, you have a contained ecosystem with limited resources and the existing fish believe that their is a "balance" in the food chain. Meaning that everyone gets enough food to survive and is happy. When you add a new fish that ''balance" is temporarily disturbed, hence the bullying. When the existing fish learn that when everyone gets fed even when a new fish is added the aggression will cease. Balance restored...

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good to have an acclimation box available when adding new fish. Also good to add them with lights out and Mayb rearranging the rock work to disrupt the territorial issue. Some people add a mirror. also no Qt. Did they Qt the fish for u. Just a
Bad practice to add to DT fish right from the LFS. Caught up w me after 20 years and velvet killed half my tank. Just good to have plan b ready when things deviate.
QT is not for everyone and isn't a must do. Sometime it can also cause more harm than good, so really there isn't isn't right answer. Obviously he has QT before or he hasn't does it matter? My LSF have fish in QT for 21 days before on the floor for sale which are still in a copper. So I've never QT and have been fortunate for now.

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang is some what asleep because the lights have been off for some time now. I think I’m getting in my head to much and just wanted an answer from someone but I wouldn’t buy this fish if he wasn’t going to work. Tang and angel can live together. I think that I put the fish bag into the tank to acclimate and that was the first reaction of the tang. Like said it’s a new fish and there still wild animals. Do you guys agree - reason I’m asking is because some ppl on here are more knowledgeable then me for sure.

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say this is an Emergency however to comment on your questions. Yes Angel's and Tangs can get along I have 2 Tangs purple and Blue hippo with a coral beauty and even though my blue tang is a similar size to my Coral beauty it was the first fish in the tank so he apparently is the boss but it settled down after several hours of dominace and 8 months both are model citizens. But of it gets to bad you can always get a acclimatised box f your LSF when they open to assist in the transition.

Good luck

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say this is an Emergency however to comment on your questions. Yes Angel's and Tangs can get along I have 2 Tangs purple and Blue hippo with a coral beauty and even though my blue tang is a similar size to my Coral beauty it was the first fish in the tank so he apparently is the boss but it settled down after several hours of dominace and 8 months both are model citizens. But of it gets to bad you can always get a acclimatised box f your LSF when they open to assist in the transition.

Good luck
Thanks this help. Also I put this as emergency because I didn’t want to leave him in the bag forever. I did want an answer soon the later but now looking back I probably shouldn’t have but can’t change it.

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea… it broke out into a fight… It’s don’t like he’s trying to kill the other one because I have had that happen but I’m going to wait a min and let it play out :(

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a fish fight cause One of them to have an over inflated
Swimbladdee or something like that

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't recommend this at all it will stave it of oxygen, an acc box is the way to go so put in the sump till the morning and get a box and or return fish if your to concerned
Was scoffing at the suggestion. I’m with you on why not to leave in a bag

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
QT is not for everyone and isn't a must do. Sometime it can also cause more harm than good, so really there isn't isn't right answer. Obviously he has QT before or he hasn't does it matter? My LSF have fish in QT for 21 days before on the floor for sale which are still in a copper. So I've never QT and have been fortunate for now.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
U don’t have to do anything. It’s beneficial to keep bad things from happening was the point. And also good to have a plan before u do things.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back