Do all BTAs shrivel up once a day?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vinh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Vinh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2015
Messages
205
Reaction score
78
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an RBTA that seems nice and healthy. Great color and extension throughout the day. Towards the end of the day like clockwork it shrivels up. It's a sight to see two clowns going to town on a shriveled up anemone. When it's in a shrunken state it doesn't lose color and the foot remains attached to the rock. I've read this is normal but I'm curious if this happens to all bubble tips.
 
When I had mine before I gave it away it always seemed to have a schedule. Normally staying shrunken most of the night as well, but big and spread out during the daylight hours.
 
I have an RBTA that seems nice and healthy. Great color and extension throughout the day. Towards the end of the day like clockwork it shrivels up. It's a sight to see two clowns going to town on a shriveled up anemone. When it's in a shrunken state it doesn't lose color and the foot remains attached to the rock. I've read this is normal but I'm curious if this happens to all bubble tips.
Mine do the same exact thing
 
Yeah. It's pretty common behavior for them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new