Do clowns lose their bond?

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two designer percula clowns in my tank that’s been running for two years. For the first year and half they were inseparable they even laid eggs one time. However when my female clown was hosted by my bta she wouldn’t share the bta and ever since my male clown hangs out in the corner by my over flow. They don’t fight but they basically ignore each other. Is it safe to say they are no longer bonded. My one bta has turned into 8 so there is plenty of room for both of them now.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want them to breed feed live food like black or white worms.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have two designer percula clowns in my tank that’s been running for two years. For the first year and half they were inseparable they even laid eggs one time. However when my female clown was hosted by my bta she wouldn’t share the bta and ever since my male clown hangs out in the corner by my over flow. They don’t fight but they basically ignore each other. Is it safe to say they are no longer bonded. My one bta has turned into 8 so there is plenty of room for both of them now.
Havind started with 14 clowns and adding a few along the way, yes, I have seen this more than once. Even they experience divorce :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two females that have killed their male partners. The bond can definitely be lost.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back