Do Copepods Occur Naturally?

Islander722

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
48
Reaction score
27
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I have an IM 15 gal AIO that has been running for 5 months now. I have two clowns, Yellow Goby/Tiger Pistol Shrimp pair, two snails along with GSP and Zoa frags.

In the last few days I’m starting to see small white dots on the glass and in the water column. Pretty sure they are Copepods, but I never added any, can they occur naturally?
 
Great surprise, huh?
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office
 
You added coral and that is mostly where it came in. I QT and use chemicals to kill pest so I don't get pods the way you do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new