Do digital salinity monitors work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
3,302
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about upgrading from a refractometer to a digital monitor, maybe a pinpoint. But they seem to have mixed reviews? Are they reliable, and if so, what brand do you recommend?
 
I use a milwaukee and have no issues. i test my salinity everyday just because its super easy, takes me about one minute with calibration.
 
I have a Milwaukee and love it; my favorite piece of equipment that's not attached to the tank. :)
 
Thanks! How about the continuous monitoring ones?
 
I too have the milwaukee and love it. But I also constantly monitor via my apex with the pm2 module and conductivity probe, it hasn't failed me yet and its been 2 plus years of service.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new