Do I chance it on another Aqueon or Marineland?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m having difficulties finding a 75-gallon Marineland or SeaPora tank! Do I take my chances on getting another 75-gallon Aqueon tank? The first leaked after just over a month. Are they all bad tanks or end up leaking overtime or do you think it was a fluke? I have a little tank and used to have a 10 gallon Aqueon for years. So I’m wondering if I should get another one?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m having difficulties finding a 75-gallon Marineland or SeaPora tank! Do I take my chances on getting another 75-gallon Aqueon tank? The first leaked after just over a month. Are they all bad tanks or end up leaking overtime or do you think it was a fluke? I have a little tank and used to have a 10 gallon Aqueon for years. So I’m wondering if I should get another one?
I think they are probably just poorer quality overall, and short of a 20gallon long for quarantine tank, I wouldn't trust anything larger for long term.

Depending where you are, you could look for second hand tanks either at your LFS or local listings/reef clubs. Plenty of people bail out of the hobby due to not properly researching or having the dedication to continue to overcome the challenges of reefing.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Where is Easton located? I have a 75 that needs a home here in Charlotte

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 7.1%
Back