Wavemaker Setting ?

vareefer1979

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have 2 slw -30 on my standard Aqueon 75 gallon, I have one on the Right side about 6 inches down and the other one Left Back down about mid tank facing the front of tank. What percentage of flow do you guys recommend on each, my long term plans are for mixed reef, but still in early phase tank been up and running about 2 months. Just wondering where to place each wavemaker and about what power percentage would be best??

Thanks

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think no advice will be better than just play around with it until you find something you like because no one else will have your same aquascape so your flow pattern will be unique. That's how I did it for my 75. I think you will be able to start telling if it's too much or not as your tank evolves. I first set mine to 100% and started playing with the position until there were no dead spots in the tank and then lowered the power to where I thought was appropriate based on coral movement. This will all change as corals grow and you will need to adjust flow. I ended up adding more power heads and gyres later.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back