How old is your Marineland tank?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw Polo Reef’s Marineland tank blew a seam my biggest fear so I’m wondering what is the longest you’ve had a Marineland for? Do you still have it up and running what size? I have my 75-gallon Marineland I bought used and it was made in 2018. So knock on wood. I had too many Aqueon tanks leak on me but no leak has been catastrophic but every time I see a leaking tank it makes me so nervous.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw Polo Reef’s Marineland tank blew a seam my biggest fear so I’m wondering what is the longest you’ve had a Marineland for? Do you still have it up and running what size? I have my 75-gallon Marineland I bought used and it was made in 2018. So knock on wood. I had too many Aqueon tanks leak on me but no leak has been catastrophic but every time I see a leaking tank it makes me so nervous.
I have a 75G made in 04 still going strong

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The marineland 300 deep dimensions were beautiful but had issues with seams failing.
The extra width made for a great aqua-scape platform.
I wanted one back in the day but after seeing all the seam failures, not getting one may have been a blessing in disguise.
I recently had an Aqueon 60 breeder seam fail, that made a huge mess. I can’t even imagine the mess and damage 300 gallons would make.
Marineland had a recall on them but that was years ago.
Personally, I wouldn’t purchase any cheap tank larger than 40 gallons today, they are cheap for a reason.
I’m purchasing a planet aquarium 62g for my son’s room. Planet aquarium makes good quality tanks, they also do custom sizes.
In general, they don’t make anything like they used to.
I have 2 all glass aquarium 40 breeders and my 210, those are all at least 10 years old. Probably older.
The Aqueon / all glass aquariums 40 breeders used to be made with 1/4” glass, they are now made with 3/16” glass. Same with the 60 breeders, made with 3/16” glass, imo too thin.

Last edited:

mbuck77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gallon corner I inherited from my mom. I've had it up 15 years, she had it for 10. I was doing a full change today and the silicone in one back seam peeled off inside. Anyone have suggestions on resealing? Can I just do the vertical? The rest seem to still be adhered well and it wasn't leaking before I took her down this morning.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the Deep Dimension series tanks...........they stopped making them. The 36" width and the 27" height were a poor design. The most common to break were the 250 amd 300.

Standard Marineland tanks will last you decades.

Yep 300DD being the primary.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back