Do I even need to run daylight t5 bulbs?

Polyp Addict

Got Polyps?
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
320
Reaction score
33
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my bulbs are ATI, they say that the blue+ has more par than purple+, aquablue sPecial and coral+. So what is the advantage of running a daylight bulb in my fixture if I'm getting plenty of par already from my 3 blue+ bulbs? I can replace the daylight bulb with an actinic. Let me know the pros and cons
 
It is all about the correct spectrum. What type of corals are you housing? Most corals need the daylight spectrum.
 
You can run all blue + and have success..... But I'm pretty sure the coral + and Aqua blue special do have more par than the blue +
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new