Do I keep the dream alive or let it go?

I wouldn’t know where to begin personally but there’s a section for pricing assistance at https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/how-to-price-it.1079/ if that helps
giphy.gif
 
If there's no market for it where the tank is then just put it into your shipping container and take it with you. Tape some moving blankets around it, wrap it a few times with cellophane and pack it. If you're careful with what you do with it, you could even place items inside of they were bubble wrapped.

Acrylic tanks do have joint degradation/crazing after many years so keep that in mind. An officer in our club is an engineer at Titan Aquatic Exhibits, one of the leading manufacturers of large custom acrylic tanks, and we've been in their shop many times discussing it. If the joints are perfectly clear with no cracking you are likely ok. Back in the 90s, Tenecore was top notch stuff.

Sorry to hear that your 42 year marriage is ending. I'm about that far along myself but we somehow continue to make it work 🫣
 
If there's no market for it where the tank is then just put it into your shipping container and take it with you. Tape some moving blankets around it, wrap it a few times with cellophane and pack it. If you're careful with what you do with it, you could even place items inside of they were bubble wrapped.

Acrylic tanks do have joint degradation/crazing after many years so keep that in mind. An officer in our club is an engineer at Titan Aquatic Exhibits, one of the leading manufacturers of large custom acrylic tanks, and we've been in their shop many times discussing it. If the joints are perfectly clear with no cracking you are likely ok. Back in the 90s, Tenecore was top notch stuff.

Sorry to hear that your 42 year marriage is ending. I'm about that far along myself but we somehow continue to make it work 🫣
Thank you. Was your thinking that if I could get it to Florida, the chances of it finding a good resale home would be much stronger?

Maybe I should make another local area sale attempt, include the pumps and recirc setups (all new unused as well) and be much more specific about its pros and cons, and what the investment would be.

It's really heavy and I'd rather not have to navigate a safe Alaska to Florida move, storage, etc, on top of everything else.

Thanks again,
Jack
 
Thank you. Was your thinking that if I could get it to Florida, the chances of it finding a good resale home would be much stronger?

Maybe I should make another local area sale attempt, include the pumps and recirc setups (all new unused as well) and be much more specific about its pros and cons, and what the investment would be.

It's really heavy and I'd rather not have to navigate a safe Alaska to Florida move, storage, etc, on top of everything else.

Thanks again,
Jack
Is Acrylic degradation independent of tank use? So if it's been stored covered indoors and never filled it's still susceptible to some sort of oxidative stress or something which could possibly degrade it? I know I need to did deeper but just consumed with divorce and transition and showing our home right now. Thanks.
 
Thank you. Was your thinking that if I could get it to Florida, the chances of it finding a good resale home would be much stronger?

Maybe I should make another local area sale attempt, include the pumps and recirc setups (all new unused as well) and be much more specific about its pros and cons, and what the investment would be.

It's really heavy and I'd rather not have to navigate a safe Alaska to Florida move, storage, etc, on top of everything else.

Thanks again,
Jack
Yeah like others have said, I think the resale value in Florida would be much better.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new