Do I need a wave maker in anything less than 40 gallons?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SheldonC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I run a Jebao ow 10 in my 15. I run it on C mode. It comes on for 15 sec then off for 15. Very efficient and does not blow sand. I run the Fiji pink.
20250829_120433.jpg
 
thanks, this seems a better idea, I will look into it
Not sure about the RFG. I added them (originals from VCA) to my IM20 and flow was pretty pathetic even with an upgraded pump. I ended up putting the stock nozzles back on and adding two MP10s. I probably would have used something less expensive than MP10s but had them here.

PXL_20250823_010427998.jpg
 
That means you are feeding too much food. Any food that you add should be gone in less than a minute. Keep reducing your portions to the point where almost every single piece is eaten.

I feed one cube to 18 fish, how many fish do you have?

Food starts to decay after about 10 minutes in the water. Rotting food will increase the organics level and algae will follow. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
One cube for 18 fish. What are they minnows?
You would have a heart attack if you saw how much I feed 9 fish in my 150, lol.
Heavy in/out.
Your 18 fish deserve more than 1 cube.
 
One cube for 18 fish. What are they minnows?
You would have a heart attack if you saw how much I feed 9 fish in my 150, lol.
Heavy in/out.
Your 18 fish deserve more than 1 cube.
I feed a pair of clowns and a chromis 1 cube daily. The clowns are turning 14 next year. fat fish are happy fish.
 
I feed a pair of clowns and a chromis 1 cube daily. The clowns are turning 14 next year.
Yea that sounds good.
My 150 gets around 7 cubes a day.
I feed some pellets but mostly frozen.
Between 4 systems I'm using around 12 cubes a day.
 
One cube for 18 fish. What are they minnows?
You would have a heart attack if you saw how much I feed 9 fish in my 150, lol.
Heavy in/out.
Your 18 fish deserve more than 1 cube.
lol, I have 5 nano tanks, I divide the one cube to the 5 tanks. They are all small nano size fish
 
lol, I have 5 nano tanks, I divide the one cube to the 5 tanks. They are all small nano size fish
Funny my 2 fish 15 gets over 1 cube a day easily.
Still seems quite low.
Anyway happy reefing!
 
I vote yes. I have a random flow generator in my 11 gallon cube as well as two Nero 3 pumps. I was running just one Nero and once I added the second, the corals are so much happier. Water flow is key!
 
That means you are feeding too much food. Any food that you add should be gone in less than a minute. Keep reducing your portions to the point where almost every single piece is eaten.

I feed one cube to 18 fish, how many fish do you have?

Food starts to decay after about 10 minutes in the water. Rotting food will increase the organics level and algae will follow. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

I am about one week into cycling my tank so that is the only reason why I am letting my food circulate the tank. I have been using frozen fish cubes as my ammonia source, the one good thing about it breaking down is it shows me my flow patterns.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new