Do I need more circulation?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have a 12g nano that only has the water coming back into the DT from the back for circulation. I have softies and lps. They're doing ok, but I wonder if they could use more circulation. What do you use for water movement?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion that is not enough flow, I have had that tank. I always add a Koralia PH to nanos you can probably get away with the Nano version. Personally I like the evolution, but that is probably too much flow for your needs.

Qube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this tank for my parents last Christmas, added a 240gph Korallia Nano and it was perfect.

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I lost two big zoa colonies over the past few months with the smaller colonies doing fine. I wonder if poor circulation caused detritus to build up between the polyps

OP
OP
glb

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the 240gph Korallia Nano today. Can't wait to see the difference! Thanks everyone once again for great advice. One more question. Where should I put it in the tank? Close to where the water comes back in from the sump? In the middle? I have no idea about these things.

Qube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the 240gph Korallia Nano today. Can't wait to see the difference! Thanks everyone once again for great advice. One more question. Where should I put it in the tank? Close to where the water comes back in from the sump? In the middle? I have no idea about these things.

I have it set right above the rock on the center of the back wall pointing straight out against the front glass.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 55 24.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back