Waterbox AIO reviews

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers
Here I'll share with you my short experience with Waterbox AIO 20g Cube.
(WB owner for the first time, since 1½month)

First of all, I'm from Canada, I have ordered my tank and the stand directly on the WB website, and for real the shipping was really really fast and well packaged.
The general quality of all is really good.
Nice thick melamine for the stand, and the glass and silicone rubber is high quality.
With the tank come sponge, mesh bag with zipper with charcoal and one with bioballs, circulation pump and a filter sock.

So now, we will talk about the 2 big issues (imo) with this kit.
1-the filter sock;
The filter sock is much too thick, and woven much too tightly.
It is very stiff and difficult to turn upside down and it is almost necessary to pass the sock under a pressure machine to get it properly cleaned xD.
Which means that the filter sock is always clogged... I have to clean it at least twice a day to avoid irregularities in the water level in the different chambers of the intank sump.
Example;
I clean the filter sock day 1 at the end of the afternoon, the next morning I already notice the lower water level in chambers 2 and 3 of the decanter, and the much too high water level in chamber 1 (the one with the filter sock). And when I come back from work that same day without cleaning the sock in the morning, chamber 1 is almost overflowing and chamber 3, the one with the circulation pump, is 3/4 empty.
It's really annoying and it make my skimmer going crazy like good water level not enough water downskim overskim ... ‍
Solution : I have bought a intank media basket (nice to a have a right place to put charcoal and bio bags) and I'll put bonded Poly filter floss instead of the sock.

2- the circulation pump
The circulation pump is really noisy by time, it's like a vibration sound, and seems to coming directly from the pump itself. Sometime the pump stop to making noise, and then restart this weird vibration anytime.
Solution : I'll bought eventually a sicce syncra silent 1.5 pump Wich is couple more gph(357gph) than the originally one (264gph) and fully adjustable.

For now, that's it with my reviews ! If you have any tricks, update to yours feel free to share it here !
And if you have any questions, planning on buying WB AIO tank, feel free too to post them here !

Thanks all, happy reefing !
Jess

20240224_194041.jpg

OP
OP
JcK03

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and forgot to mention !
I have ordered too the salt from WB, coral one.
I never hear anyone talk about this salt !
I have only positive feedback about it(yea I now it's a short experience with it, but not my first experience at all with reef, and I have in the past try almost all reef "big" brand of sea salt)
So, the WB coral salt dissolve really fast, like less than 15minutes. The water is crystal clear after mixing. All parameters are in good range, and seems really stable (after 3 batch of testing). All my corals is thriving and seems happy)

20240225_200303.jpg 20240224_193613.jpg 20240224_193403.jpg 20240224_193304.jpg 20240224_190947.jpg 20240224_193335.jpg

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's in the displays next to the tank? I have no idea what WB salt is, I assume water box, but like I said before there is only Nyos. Iron and all. I almost got a waterbox but their emails went to my spam folder so I thought they were ignoring my custom tank form. I am regretful, but there is always next time.

OP
OP
JcK03

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's in the displays next to the tank? I have no idea what WB salt is, I assume water box, but like I said before there is only Nyos. Iron and all. I almost got a waterbox but their emails went to my spam folder so I thought they were ignoring my custom tank form. I am regretful, but there is always next time.
Pokemon and One Piece figurines collection :)

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and forgot to mention !
I have ordered too the salt from WB, coral one.
I never hear anyone talk about this salt !
I have only positive feedback about it(yea I now it's a short experience with it, but not my first experience at all with reef, and I have in the past try almost all reef "big" brand of sea salt)
So, the WB coral salt dissolve really fast, like less than 15minutes. The water is crystal clear after mixing. All parameters are in good range, and seems really stable (after 3 batch of testing). All my corals is thriving and seems happy)

20240225_200303.jpg 20240224_193613.jpg 20240224_193403.jpg 20240224_193304.jpg 20240224_190947.jpg 20240224_193335.jpg
Nice looking frags!

KC2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you've got a good start !

It's interesting that Waterbox is selling salt. I wonder who's salt they're re-branding.

Last edited:

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know @Beretta hates the waterbox socks so if anyone has something better for the 2.75" openings she would love to hear it.

scubatan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the Socks - Switch to a filter cup like something from Kraken (there are also others). Here is a link:

Go with the cup and some quick and easy to replace filter floss.....no more socks.
Looks like kraken doesn’t ship to Canada.
OP how much was the media basket and did you order direct from intank?

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
isealive has a filter roller for the WB 20. I’ve had mine for about a month with no complaints at all. It’s not automatic, but definitely easier than switching out a sock or media. They also make it for the WB 50.3 too @TARHEEL78

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I own nothing but Innovative Marine AIO tanks one of the smarts things I've ever done is got rid of the in tank baskets and went with filter socks. I have 2 sets for each tank so while using one set in the tank the other is soaking in bleach. I change them mostly every day and sometimes every other day. Anyway a simple google search and it seems Waterbox sells 2 different kinds of filter socks for your tank one made of felt and one made of mesh. Maybe try the mesh one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back