Do I need to be worried?? Torch death.

SpencerT82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I got this torch coral about a week and a half ago. Day 1 - 5 it was good and after that it seems to have slowly declined. The one head is dying and receding and there appears to be a tentacle that’s was like ripped off. Do I need to be worried for my other torches and other corals. With the torch I added other corals with it which are all doing great. In addition all of my other torches are doing awesome. I’ve included pics of everything white and blue with filter. Should I take the torch out and dip Ir just remove all together to avoid any issues or just leave it.
Parameters : Alk - 7.7
Cal - 420
Mag - 1300
Phos - 0.05
Nitrate - 3
Salinity - 1.026

IMG_0117.jpeg
IMG_0118.jpeg
IMG_0121.jpeg

OP
OP
SpencerT82

SpencerT82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you dip and inspect for pests? any recent changes to the tank other than adding the coral(s)?
Yes i diped with coral rx pro for about 3ish minutes while mixing water and spraying off frag plug with a turkey baster, i bought it instore at top shelf aquatics and i check the water for pests only ever seen pods and brittle stars. Yesterday I dropped the salinity a little from probably around 1.027 to 1.026 my hanna was reading wrong aswell as i added one tang on Saturday. However these changes were both made after the coral got as bad as it is it has been this way since Friday.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back