Do I need to cycle frag tank?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
20
Location
Columbus Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be picking up a 40 breeder at the next 1$ sale, and will be running it as a frag tank, I will have no fish, or kl rock in the tank. I will be using it for frags and as a place to let me bta heal after I frag them. Would I need to cycle this tank? If so how?
 
I've never had tanks I setup without fish go through much of a cycle but if you leave things in there long term you may have problems with low nutrients like I did. It really depends on the way the tank is setup. But I prefer a tank that can handle a little extra nutrients if it happens. Otherwise if something doesn't make it you could have the tank go through a cycle after it's been stacked with coral and that's not I good idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new