Do I need to own device that I set up my Apex with?

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received an apex for Christmas. I am setting the system up for the first time. It prefers that I use an Apple product or PC. Gives warnings about using an Android device to setup system due to different operating systems. And does not have a Chromebook option.

I am an Android and Chromebook user at home and personally do not own an Apple product nor a windows based PC.

However, My teenage girls own iPhones and my GF owns a windows based laptop.....

Can I "borrow" one of their devices to setup the Apex and be done with it? Or will I need that device every time I need to make a programming change or to add a Dos or Trident?

nagreen8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you’d be able to still access fusion from ur chrome browser. You can also make any changes using the app on your phone. It’s easier to use the browser for setup and programming.

nagreen8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received an apex for Christmas. I am setting the system up for the first time. It prefers that I use an Apple product or PC. Gives warnings about using an Android device to setup system due to different operating systems. And does not have a Chromebook option.

I am an Android and Chromebook user at home and personally do not own an Apple product nor a windows based PC.

However, My teenage girls own iPhones and my GF owns a windows based laptop.....

Can I "borrow" one of their devices to setup the Apex and be done with it? Or will I need that device every time I need to make a programming change or to add a Dos or Trident?

I believe you’d be able to still access fusion from ur chrome browser. You can also make any changes using the app on your phone. It’s easier to use the browser for setup and programming.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex is not tied to the device you use to set it up.

The setup process is easiest if you install the Fusion IOS app first since they recently redesigned it to streamline the setup process. After setup is complete you can delete the app, and you can either access Fusion from any web browser, or install the Fusion app on Android or another IOS device.

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the folks above. I just set up a 2016 Apex and was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to do with an IOS device. No issues with setting up via IOS and then switching to your driod devices later. Good luck!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back