Do I need to remove Blu Chem

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Do you have to remove Blue Chem bags from sump while using praziquantel treatment.
I would as it will weaken the glycol in the prazi and restore to sump after treatment. The treatment should be as follows in case bottle instructions not clear:
dose at 85% of recommended and apply initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite

OP
OP
P

puccie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would as it will weaken the glycol in the prazi and restore to sump after treatment. The treatment should be as follows in case bottle instructions not clear:
dose at 85% of recommended and apply initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite
I’ll be using praziquantel powder is there any difference in dose age etc and thank you

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll be using praziquantel powder is there any difference in dose age etc and thank you
If you don't remove any possible absorbent/adsorbant - you can't tell the dose. Remove IMHO

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
the powder does not dissolve easily and I therefore have resorted to the liquid version. Some use alcohol as an agent for dissolving the powder more easily. I believe they treat the same way

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to remove Blue Chem bags from sump while using praziquantel treatment.

Do you mean Chemi Pure Blue? If so, yes, you need to remove it before treating with praziquantel. You can return it 36 hours after treatment.

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back