Do I need to start dosing?

kidgoshie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’m trying to figure out if I should start dosing for my tank The first of each element is when I did a water change and the second of each element is when I tested a day after so I’m trying to figure out if I should start dosing and if so should I use all for reef or ESV or reef fusion ( I have all of those now) or any other suggestions

7955E1F6-654D-44C4-B3F1-406187659F7D.png

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7.7dkh to 6.7 in one day tells me yes dose. However when u factor in the margin of error on tests(and our ability to do the test perfectlh(ie 10.0000ml if using hanna) then i would say 1 day test does not tell you much.

I would suggest testing for a few days and see how it goes. Then dose alk a bit just to get to say 8.0 and then test a few more days.

If you are seeing consistent daily drops then yes i would start dosing.

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell us more about the Alk 8.7 – 7.7 – 6.7?

I know you said that you test, and then the second number is the next day. But is that the case with the Alk? Is that 3 days of testing? What are you using to test the Alk?

Also, is the notes app page that we can see the beginning of your testing? I assume so since it would be challenging to create a new note with each test.

I think you should establish a little more of a testing history before thinking about dosing just yet. Test results can come in a little bumpy, and it just doesn't feel like enough of a history of test results to make decisions on yet.

Also, there are some nice apps you can use for logging parameters. I use AquaticLog on iOS for free.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back