Do lights need to be plugged into a specific Apex Jr outlet?

Captain Jack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex Jr and have an additional Apex 8 power strip connected by a USB. I am having trouble getting my lights to turn off and on. Is there a specific outlet that the lights have to be plugged into?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No specific plug is needed but all your going to do basically is turn it on and off
Did you go to the outlets and program it? Does your Apex see the EB8? Are you sure it's a USB cable and not a aquabus cable. Just asking you need to make sure because there is a difference between the two
Get back to us

OP
OP
Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No specific plug is needed but all your going to do basically is turn it on and off
Did you go to the outlets and program it? Does your Apex see the EB8? Are you sure it's a USB cable and not a aquabus cable. Just asking you need to make sure because there is a difference between the two
Get back to us
Get back to us

It is an Aquabus that came with the EB8. I can go on my cell phone and turn off all the outlets, so maybe I just have it programmed wrong? I'll check out the programming and see if that does it.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What name is the light? Is it programmable?
On my outlet all I have is this
Fallback ON
Set ON

And yes I can turn it on and off by the apex by just moving the switch
But mine is also programmable with the apex and that is different from just the outlet

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the outlets on the Apex are controllable. You just need to make sure that you have the device plugged into the outlet you have programmed for it and have the outlet set to "Auto." I've gotten into the habit of confirming that I am using the correct outlet by plugging a light or pump into it and manually switching it a few times just to be sure.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you are setting your system up. Get a label maker, and label each outlet. It will help you keep things organized, it will also keep you from pulling your hair out. Trying to remember what device is plugged into what outlet.

Back