Do people still actually trade corals at events?

musicsmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a few colonies of this acro with me at the expo. Wanting to trade for other sticks.

20230331_142626.jpg 20230329_144936.jpg 20230329_143619.jpg

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Frag Swaps" are actually coral shows these days. Ours is The Pittsburgh Reef Aquarium Expo. We don't market it as a Swap as we find newer people thought that they needed to bring things to "swap". That being said I've seen a ton of people trade coral at shows. Most of the time I see it prearranged. This thread was posted an hour after the event started so not sure how many people were looking at their phones or brought extra coral with them to Swap.

OP
OP
M

musicsmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Frag Swaps" are actually coral shows these days. Ours is The Pittsburgh Reef Aquarium Expo. We don't market it as a Swap as we find newer people thought that they needed to bring things to "swap". That being said I've seen a ton of people trade coral at shows. Most of the time I see it prearranged. This thread was posted an hour after the event started so not sure how many people were looking at their phones or brought extra coral with them to Swap.
Yeah, it was a last-minute idea, but I figured it was worth a shot. This was my first Pittsburgh Expo. I almost didn't even make it, but I'm glad I did. I'll be better prepared next year. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back