Do sps eat live Rotifers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BZos106
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BZos106

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2019
Messages
45
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been thinking of culturing live Phytoplankton Along with live Rotifers? I read that most sps don’t benifit from phytoplankton but I cant find much info on wether or not they benifit from live Rotifers. Do sps eat Rotifers? I’m just wondering what people think and Is it worth the effort ??
 
I’ve been thinking of culturing live Phytoplankton Along with live Rotifers? I read that most sps don’t benifit from phytoplankton but I cant find much info on wether or not they benifit from live Rotifers. Do sps eat Rotifers? I’m just wondering what people think and Is it worth the effort ??
I would think they do, but I'm not sure. @Tomoko Schum may be able to help answer that if they are around.
 
My sps never looked better than when I used to add rots to the tank. I had clown babies at the time, so rots were plentiful. I will not culture them for sps only, too much hassle. Get nanno3600 from reedmariculture not to waste even more time on phyto.
 
Even if they capture them, are you sure that the energy to capture is not more than what they get? There is a lot of debate about all of this.
 
I do not think they capture them. I spent some time looking :). I do believe that live rots contribute to greater biodiversity one way or the other.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new