Do the really fuzzy ones need less flow?

Fasthandsslowmind

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2021
Messages
244
Reaction score
247
Location
Los Lunas, NM
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive me if it’s a silly question, but I’m fairly new to sps. Stocking my tank with the haul from the @fraghouse live sale, and planning placement.

specifically, I’ve got a few sticks ( Hipster, Smoke Screen) with very looong polyp extension. Should I place these in a relatively lighter flow area, compared to, say, my Pink Floyd? Any other considerations?

Thanks!!!

797A2371-A51F-4335-82A4-396F315592AB.jpeg


477705E5-7B09-4BDC-B036-DCDE13E22892.jpeg
 
Flow is why those fuzzy corals exist to interact with what they can gather from the currents. Same for torches and SPS, ime. Gl
 
Flow is why those fuzzy corals exist to interact with what they can gather from the currents. Same for torches and SPS, ime. Gl
Yeah, I get that. I know they need high flow, and certainly more than a torch, or most LPS, but in comparison to an acropora with much smaller / shorter polyp extension- Less?
How much is too much?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new