Do these acans look healthy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pvtgloss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
2,282
Reaction score
3,312
Location
Asheville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every time is see acans they look tight and fluffy. My acans always look like this. My parameters are stable. I have one hydra 26 with UV and V at 70% and blues at 64%. The tank is a e170 with quite a bit of random flow. I have the AIO return going with a random flow nozzle(just to keep the water in the back chamber circulating, sump return with cor 15 (40% or so), nero 5 on random 3%-8%, and jump 2k gyre pulsating -100% to 20%. I know it seems like a lot of flow, and it may be, but I have no dead spots. The acans jiggle/wiggle with the flow. Only after feed mode so they really get pushed around.
Parameters
Salt 35ppt
Alk 8.3- 8.5
Cal 460
Mag 1425 - 1450
Ph 8.2-8.3
No3 19.5
Po4 .06
Thanks guys

20230925_190916.jpg
 
Do you spot feed them? If not get a small turkey basted and drop a few mysis shrimp once a week. These are a few of mine big and fat.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4819.jpeg
    IMG_4819.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 71
Do you spot feed them? If not get a small turkey basted and drop a few mysis shrimp once a week. These are a few of mine big and fat.
I just started spot feeding them again. Been busy all summer. What do you spot feed and how often?
 
Btw you do have new heads sprouting. Look at the base of the greenie. Quite amazing how scans grow. From the base up under existing heads.
 
Yeah, they go all the way around. I think they are still connected to the plug. Not really sure though. I'm curiouson how they will grow onto the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new