do urchins eat dinos

  • Thread starter Thread starter GSnake
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GSnake

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
642
Reaction score
266
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a tiny bit of dinos growing, and a lot of thick red coralline.

if i get small tuxedo / pincushion im sure it will go to down on the coralline, but what about the dinos?

I dont have many dinos but they are creeping on my coral space
i think its just spiny astrea / turbos that will eat them. what about urchins?
 
Without getting into different toxicity levels of different species of dinoflagellates (since I'm no expert), I'll just say that I don't think many have successfully combated "problem" dinos with CUC/predators.

My pincushion urchin never touched the mostly ostreopsis dino outbreak I had in the past.

My personal recommendation would be to start with ID (type of dinos) by getting pictures/video under microscope and posting in one of the Dinoflagellates Treatment threads on here.
*after that, you can better plan an approach,,, but that's just me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new