Do white bugs require a higher dosage than red bugs?

I've had white bugs and followed the suggestion to dose 3 (23mg each) per 100g. 3 treatments 1 week apart. Skimmer off for the 1st 12h after dose.

I've done 6 pills per 100g to treat for the black bugs.
Did this kill the black bugs?
 
I did 1 large pill / 50 gal for 6 weeks. I akin it to a chemo treatment -- takes the tank to the breaking point. I have subsequently had bacteria blooms, cyano (had to treat), and still some lingering dino. Bacteria was def impacted -- I lost a ton of PE after the first 3 weeks of it (first 3 were amazing). I lost a lot of colors in various acro's too. For example, my large, very red, tsa carolina reaper turned green. I had another turn green. However, all my tenuis corals colored UP and had great PE while acro's & LPS had reduced PE. The tank is recovering and everything is looking much better and coloring up -- no white bugs :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new