Do you ever see your Berghia?

  • Thread starter Thread starter slythy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

slythy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2021
Messages
1,122
Reaction score
907
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought 5 berghia for my 70gal frag tank that has a bit of an aptasia problem starting. I dropped them in on top of a rock and let them scurry away. I have not seen any since and that was 2 days ago. I do have emerald crabs and a pink streak wrasse but cant imagine either picking them off day one based on the size of them. 0.75” or so.

Did i spend $120 on a quick snack or are they hiding?
 
I bought 5 berghia for my 70gal frag tank that has a bit of an aptasia problem starting. I dropped them in on top of a rock and let them scurry away. I have not seen any since and that was 2 days ago. I do have emerald crabs and a pink streak wrasse but cant imagine either picking them off day one based on the size of them. 0.75” or so.

Did i spend $120 on a quick snack or are they hiding?
Check my tank thread (last post). I saw my first one after 60 days. I still have aptasia, and berghia.
 
Best time to see berghia hunting is 1 hour after lights out.

However if they can find food without coming out of the rockwork, you probably won’t see them. They will always stay hidden if possible.
 
I never saw the 8 after I added them to my 240 gal system. About a month later I gleefully watched as my fairly mild but annoying crop of aiptasia in the dt disappeared, it took about 6 months for annihilation.
Then one day there were 3 crawling on the glass near waters edge, I deposited them in the sump. Began to find them in the filter socks over a couple weeks time and I'd place them near the few remaining aiptasia which were mostly in the overflow. Theyve since probably all died off as I no longer find them and I have at present no aiptasia that I can find in the system for the past 3 months. Hopefully it stays that way as I now qt everything. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new