Do you feed your fish while on vacation?

LivinTheSwreefLife

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
568
Reaction score
274
Location
Baltimore MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read that fish are ok without being fed if away for a short vacation (5 days)… wondering if most people use an autofeeder, trust someone to come feed the fish, or skip the feeding?
 
I feed less but I have someone come every other day to feed. I've heard people say 5 days but just skipping 1 day of feeding is hard on me and I couldn't do that to the fish.

PS. At times I will install a dry feeder to feed during the days when no one comes.
 
I have a Plank auto feeder, as well as someone to drop by every other day to feed them frozen (still in process of testing my own frozen feeder, as I'm not a fan of AF4) and check on everything.
 
Dogs and cats will also survive for 5 days, but no one would ever do that so why would it be ok for a fish? I arrange for my fish to be fed while I'm away.
 
This is somewhat fish dependent, some fish can certainly go multiple days without a problem, but many need constant, daily feeding (multiple feedings a day) and should not be neglected on vacation.

@vetteguy53081
 
Yes, via automatic feeder
 
I have 3 autofeeders on my tank all the time, feeding 10 times a day total, plus whatever I add.

When I'm not home, they just keep running.
 
I have people come to my house and feed my fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new