Do you feed your Fromia milleporella?

Tham121988

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
776
Reaction score
467
Location
Oxford, MS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my red sea star for several weeks now and he is doing wonderful. I was just wondering if anyone is supplemental feeding their sea star and if so how often and what are you feeding it. Is there any specific method to make sure he is intaking the food? Thanks!
 
Lol, get rid of every last asterina star fish you can find.

Fromia eat 'biofilm' off your rocks and glass.
We have been keeping 1 in a 75 for 8 months so far. But a year and total fail is not uncommon. So no prizes yet for me.

Only thing I can think of is reducing whatever competition the flood of asterina starfish provide.

I dislike asterina the way some people dislike 6 lines.

Pulled out over 600 in the past 4 years and still remove 6 legged 1/4" asterinas every other week.

Love the fromia. Hope you have great luck with it.
[emoji4]
ee027d07fa13ac0dc79658e03587f9b3.jpg
 
Hmmm I think that’s the one we have. We got it as a buddy for a bumblebee shrimp, but they went their separate ways when they were added to the tank.

58A869F3-B10A-48E2-90AD-79ABBA50265B.jpeg
 
Lol, get rid of every last asterina star fish you can find.

Fromia eat 'biofilm' off your rocks and glass.
We have been keeping 1 in a 75 for 8 months so far. But a year and total fail is not uncommon. So no prizes yet for me.

Only thing I can think of is reducing whatever competition the flood of asterina starfish provide.

I dislike asterina the way some people dislike 6 lines.

Pulled out over 600 in the past 4 years and still remove 6 legged 1/4" asterinas every other week.

Love the fromia. Hope you have great luck with it.
[emoji4]
ee027d07fa13ac0dc79658e03587f9b3.jpg

Love the flamehawk! I have one myself. Very interesting fish.
 
Love the flamehawk! I have one myself. Very interesting fish.
Love them. Thought about adding a mate but this one is midsize and I have no idea if still female or transitioned to male already.

Too many fish now anyway. Afraid to rock the boat.

You starfish looks great!
 
Love them. Thought about adding a mate but this one is midsize and I have no idea if still female or transitioned to male already.

Too many fish now anyway. Afraid to rock the boat.

You starfish looks great!

I understand that completely! How exactly can you tell if its a male or female?

Thank you! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new