Do you feel like you have enough time for your tank?

Mark3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got plenty of time but no desire anymore. I had a widowmaker heart attack 7 weeks ago and somehow I survived. I've decided to take down both of my systems over the coming months and rehome everything. We live in a Hurricane prone area and have decided to go ahead and build a new forever home in an even more Hurricane prone area. I'm not willing to deal with power outages and the stress that brings anymore. This was a retirement plan for down the road but decided due to the recent events life is too short to wait for tomorrow. So if anyone in Central Florida is looking for some healthy possibly free livestock. Haven't decided the best way to go about it yet.
I also had a widowmaker, but it was 16 years ago in Kodiak Alaska. Now living here in Central Florida and really looking for some livestock for my tank. ...But don't let your heart attack stop you...life goes on. I was life flighted to Anchorage and spent a month there before able to fly back home. Widowmaker doesn't mean you need to give up... I'm still here.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im Not No Way GIF

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get enough time unless I stay up late.

Pretty much every night I spend an hour on it lately, on average. I have GHA that is doing poorly but still growing, all in my fuge, clogs up my aquamesh and I have to pick it out with tweezers.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enough time for it because besides cleaning the glass and feeding I don't do much to it. I don't have to quarantine, medicate and all that and my skimmer drains to a sewer so not much maintenance there . Of course I have to clean the tube on it occasionally and clean the algae scrubber but that is only every week or two and takes 5 minutes.

I almost never test anything and only change some water 4 or 5 times a year. I normally collect it in the sea so I consider that fun and if I don't have time, I don't do it. :)

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got plenty of time but no desire anymore. I had a widowmaker heart attack 7 weeks ago and somehow I survived. I've decided to take down both of my systems over the coming months and rehome everything. We live in a Hurricane prone area and have decided to go ahead and build a new forever home in an even more Hurricane prone area. I'm not willing to deal with power outages and the stress that brings anymore. This was a retirement plan for down the road but decided due to the recent events life is too short to wait for tomorrow. So if anyone in Central Florida is looking for some healthy possibly free livestock. Haven't decided the best way to go about it yet.
Even if the world ends tomorrow, there’s always a reason to still plant a apple tree :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The day I’m able to pull back from the tank is the day I can finally enjoy life. I’ve been hooked and gave all free time to this hobby. I do believe when I see the finish line I purposely screw something up just to stay involved and over invested. Everyone looks at me crazy now. I’m sure I’ll be voted out of the house soon :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back