Do you get annoyed when people check out your tank?

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Maybe its just me. I don't like it when people go check out my tank , breathing up all the oxygen lol , putting finger prints on my glass, asking super silly questions that takes way too long to explain. When there's a party at the house, I try not to mention i have a reef tank , but someone always mention it and want to go check it out. While they are checking it out , i'm monitoring my PH level . Don't they know what we are trying to do here? lol

I mean a reef tank is suppose to be viewed but i prefer that person to be only me. lol maybe i'm too selfish

I am already thinking about getting a fish room, or a build a separate room just for the my reef tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You have to set rules.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
ignore tank.jpg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? I love when people watch my tank. It’s actually one of my favorite parts!

I like when guests come over. I try so hard to be nonchalant but inside I’m just so excited!

Especially when people notice little things that I have inside.

Ph? Screw that. I use sodium hydroxide and my ph is too high sometimes. They can breathe all they want lol.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ability to raise such delicate, foreign animals that the vast majority of people will never get to see in-person in an artificial slice of the ocean is a source of pride for me.

Guests that fawn over the livestock and ask questions brings me joy. Though, I probably bore them to death with my responses.

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe its just me. I don't like it when people go check out my tank , breathing up all the oxygen lol , putting finger prints on my glass, asking super silly questions that takes way too long to explain. When there's a party at the house, I try not to mention i have a reef tank , but someone always mention it and want to go check it out. While they are checking it out , i'm monitoring my PH level . Don't they know what we are trying to do here? lol

I mean a reef tank is suppose to be viewed but i prefer that person to be only me. lol maybe i'm too selfish

I am already thinking about getting a fish room, or a build a separate room just for the my reef tank.
I can't tell if this is a troll post or not. What did I just read?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do enjoy it when other reefers come over and talk reef stuff. They understand.

Then, there are the clueless who keeps asking why i can't have Dory in a 50g tank lol
Just remember that when you are asking other about their hobbies lol. You are the clueless one sometimes to.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously? I love sharing my tank! Especially when ask serious questions and they do more than just say wow what a pretty big tank and motice more than my clown fish. I had forgotten how much i enjoyed it due to covid and was loosing interest in the hobby. Then I recently had a hobbiest over that had never seen my tank and he had a bunch of questions, which I really enjoyed answering. It reminded how much i enjoyed sharing and learning from others as well. I miss seeing others tanks as well.
I decided then i would be organising another tank tour for our local club SCMAS after RAP is over.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ability to raise such delicate, foreign animals that the vast majority of people will never get to see in-person in an artificial slice of the ocean is a source of pride for me.

Guests that fawn over the livestock and ask questions brings me joy. Though, I probably bore them to death with my responses.
It's not just you. God help them if someone asks something even remotely technical...

10 minutes later
Sharktank GIF by ABC Network

Homey D. Clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do enjoy it when other reefers come over and talk reef stuff. They understand.

Then, there are the clueless who keeps asking why i can't have Dory in a 50g tank lol
Funny you say that. I’m setting up a 50 gallon and someone from work asked what kind of fish I’m stocking. I mentioned a pair of clownfish, and then they asked if I’m getting a “Dory” too, and I replied the same way you did. But then they kept persisting on why I can’t have a “Dory” in my tank and I told them what kind of fish “Dory” is and why it won’t work in my tank. They were kind of like “okay?” but I still don’t think they got it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back