Do you like my tank?

Teen reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2020
Messages
135
Reaction score
95
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I started this nano tank about a few months ago and I wanted to know what you guys think of it’s progress?
Salinity 1.030
Nitrate .1
Phosphate .2
Calcium 460 ppm
Alkaline 11 dkh
Magnesium. 1500 ppm

image.jpg image.jpg
 
Wow. Considering the amount of discipline it takes to keep those living and parameters maintained, looks great in the photo, but Idk how healthy stuff is either though.
 
I was just going to ask the same thing
On that note, yeah the salinity seems a little high. I have a research article that said a higher salinity may help prevent the tissue necrosis in Lps, spa, however that is not in a home aquarium environment.. from my experiment on a few coral frags, too high of a specific gravity contributes to coral decline and eventually results in death.. but I am no scientist.. 1.025-1.027 is the range that things live in, higher they start to die, lower they get sick, or die..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new